Tuesday, February 21, 2017

How to be Productive in Your Home Office

A freelancer working on a laptop in his home office, talking on the phone.

Working from home comes with a unique set of challenges. But these challenges can be conquered with some ground rules and a little self-discipline for tuning out distractions.

Here are some suggestions on keeping productive in your home office from the Upwork Facebook Community.


“[My office is] decorated in an inspiring color, and separated into two sections—one for analytical work and one for creative work. I have music available, plenty of plants, and it’s separate from my home so that work is work and home is home.”
Toni Burleson

“Music, lots of lights, commitment, and accountability to finish the job!”
Jery Esparas

“A dual monitor connected to a laptop paired with a comfy chair. With a backup internet connection in case the main one is unavailable. Keep the room ventilated and well lit. Facing me is my calendar, where I take notes to ensure I am reminded of schedules.”
– Alexi Doyle Rosell Dangase

“My peace of mind comes when everything I need for my work is readily available to me. [I also have] some good management quotes (pasted on my work wall) and find that reading books does wonders for me.”
Awais Sarfraz

“There is just one thing I require to deliver my best for my client projects: Complete silence in my working room. Without silence I can’t concentrate on my work.”
– Sana Noman

“I have a dedicated room that is ‘my office’ and my motto is to get business done when I’m in this room. Having an office environment helps minimize distractions (such as food, TV, and my golden retriever puppy). I also have a dual monitor setup so I can be efficient in getting projects done!”
– Jamie Hunter

“I have several clients and, being a visual person, I want to be able to see my day in one glance. So I have a day planner on the wall beside my table. I’ve tried Google Calendar and several other apps but I prefer this. It gives me an opportunity to look at something that’s not a computer, cellphone, or tab screen. It’s a nice break for the eyes.”
– Yan Galido Velasco

What do you do to ensure home office productivity? Tell us in the comments!

Editor’s note: Responses edited for grammar, spelling, and clarity. The statements above are those of their authors and do not constitute the views or opinions of Upwork.

The post How to be Productive in Your Home Office appeared first on Upwork Blog.



from Upwork Blog http://ift.tt/2lqIkhi

No comments:

Post a Comment