Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Music For Productivity: What Do You Listen To?

Listening to music and working in front of the windows in Upwork's San Francisco office

Does music fuel your life and your business? Listening to music can lift your spirit, change your mood, complement how you’re feeling, and even help you get more done.

If you are the type of person who enjoys breaking the silence with some beats, these suggestions from the Upwork Facebook community can help you create a playlist to carry you through your work day.


“[I listen to] Classic music, usually cheerful ones, to keep me going!”
Patricia Vasconcellos

“EDM [electronic dance music]! Good upbeat songs are my surefire cure for a super stressful day!!”
– Ange Lai

“[I listen to] ‘music for studying and concentration’ playlists on YouTube.”
Loida Shiroma Dofiles

“I feel I need music to be productive, I can’t stay focused without it! So I love to listen to some indie pop and instrumental songs.”
– Luísa Schetinger

“Classical guitar—I’ve recently started listening to that, and it’s surprisingly productivity-friendly!”
Matt Keener

“Post-rock or light, ambient music without lyrics, so it doesn’t distract me.”
– Alexander Dimanov

“Jazz. Preferably instrumental. I like it. It’s calming. If it’s some pop song, I’d get distracted and sing along.”
Norgen Mae Tapel

“Spotify has awesome playlists for work based on the genre ‘Focus’.”
Shelby Newborn

“Beautiful Chinese instrumental music.”
– CB Acal JW

“In the morning listening to music doesn’t help me to focus, rather silence does. In the afternoon and evening, fast and loud rock music helps, like punk and metal. I can’t stand slow songs during work—they put me to sleep.”
Zoltan Koves


These suggestions are just the tip of the iceberg! For more great suggestions, check out the whole thread on our Facebook page.

What music makes your day more productive? Tell us in the comments!

Editor’s note: Responses edited for grammar, spelling, and clarity. The statements above are those of their authors and do not constitute the views or opinions of Upwork.

The post Music For Productivity: What Do You Listen To? appeared first on Upwork Blog.



from Upwork Blog http://ift.tt/2khQ2c9

No comments:

Post a Comment