Thursday, September 21, 2017

Oway Stylist Spotlight: Christen Papasso

This week’s Oway Stylist Spotlight is on Christen Papasso, a Holistic Hair Stylist who owns her own organic salon in Spring Lake, New Jersey. She built Grow Organic Hair Salon at such a young age with pure passion, hard work, and persistence which makes us very excited to feature her as our Stylist of the Month.

Check out her interview below!

Tell us about yourself. Did you always want to be a hairdresser?

Growing up, I was always the one doing all of my friends’ hair and begging my sister to let me do something crazy with hers all the time. It wasn’t until I was already applying to colleges that I actually thought I could make a career out of something I had so much fun doing. Once I had my mind set on it, my goal was to work in NYC doing high fashion photo shoots or something in that area. Little did I know my career would take me to where I am today.

What prompted you to be a holistic hair stylist?

I started working in a couple of salons and started having bad allergic reactions to the point where I couldn’t even work in them anymore. My doctor told me that was it, I could no longer do hair because I was so allergic to the products. That day I went home and started my research and didn’t give up until I found a product I could use. I am so blessed to have found Simply Organic because I have been using Oway ever since and have not had a single reaction. Not only was it safe for me, but it complimented my organic and cruelty-free lifestyle. I was so excited about the product that I started building my clientele right from home. It was so relaxing to be my own boss and keep a calm atmosphere. This changed my outlook on everything and my new dream was to own my own organic hair salon. I worked hard for a few more years to build my clientele until I had enough clients to open my salon. My salon is my new happy place and is located in a cute cozy town, Spring Lake. I am truly grateful to have such an amazing product that I could work with.Sculpting Mist-OWAY

If every client could only own two Oway products, what would they be?

Glossy Nectar and Sculpting Mist!

Do you have an Oway formula that you tend to use more often?

The summer has been all about the cool blondes so definitely the 11.17 + a drop of 9.01 9vol as my go to toner.

What hair trends are you looking forward to seeing this Fall/Winter?

Warm tones! Can’t wait to change it up and try out some new formulas.

What is that one achievement you are most proud of as a stylist and entrepreneur?

I am most proud of being able to own my own salon at a young age and for not taking no for an answer when I was told I couldn’t do hair anymore. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

As a salon owner, what advice can you give to other stylists who are aspiring to open their own business?

My advice would be to set a goal in mind and go for it. Be persistent yet patient until the right opportunity presents itself. If it’s meant to be it will be!

What’s your personal mantra to help you get through a workday?

“Either I will find a way, or I will make one.”

See Christen's most beautiful work with Oway!



from Simply Organic Beauty http://ift.tt/2xk7N1L

No comments:

Post a Comment